December 31 – Deadline for Completion of Credits
- All credits must be completed by December 31. (MCLE Rule 3 and MCLE Reg. 7.2)
February 15 – Deadline for Deficiency Plan (For failure to complete required credits on time)
February 15 – Deadline to correct MCLE Transcript
- Attorneys who receive a Notice of Non-Compliance must submit by February 15 a transcript edited to reflect classes that were taken but not reported by December 31 to demonstrate timely compliance.
- MCLE transcripts not corrected by February 15 and Requests for Deficiency Plan submitted after February 15 are subject to a Late Filing Fee of $100 (MCLE Reg. 8.3)
March 1 – Deadline to Complete Approved Deficiency Plans
March 15 – Deadline to Report Completion of an Approved Deficiency Plan
- March 1 is the last day to complete courses on an approved Deficiency Plan.
- March 15 is the last day to report completion of an approved Deficiency Plan or be subject to a Late Reporting fee of $100 (MCLE Reg. 8.4)
March 1 – Deadline to Request Extended Deficiency Plan (EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES ONLY)
- If an attorney has not completed an approved Deficiency Plan by March 1, he or she may submit a "Request for an Extended Deficiency Plan" , demonstrating good cause for failure to complete an approved Deficiency Plan, and accompanied by a fee of $100.00.
April 1 – Deadline to Report Completion of an Extended Deficiency Plan (MCLE Reg. 8.5)
- The final day to report completion of the Extended Deficiency Plan is April 1.
- The MCLE Commission has no authority to resolve non-compliance issues after April 1.
For more information, please contact Continuing Legal Education at (334) 269-1515 or email@example.com.