Birmingham, AL 35203-2120
Decatur, AL 35602-0488
Muscle Shoals, AL 35662-2425
Mobile, AL 36602-5011
Birmingham, AL 35203-3202
Birmingham, AL 35203-3212
Mobile, AL 36633-1348
Montgomery, AL 36103-4539
Montgomery, AL 36101-0671
Birmingham, AL 35259-8512
Birmingham, AL 35243-3332
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401-2000
Birmingham, AL 35233-3110
Birmingham, AL 35238-5014
Birmingham, AL 35203-4633
Montgomery, AL 36101
The Leadership Forum was originally created “to produce committed and involved lawyers willing to take significant leadership roles in local and state bars, and serve as role models in matters of ethics and professionalism.”
The Forum’s mission has been revised through the years, and is set out as follows:
- To build a core of practicing lawyers that better understand the core values of ethics and professionalism and strive to raise the overall standards of our bar
- To mold a critical mass of lawyers who will understand and appreciate the concept of servant leadership, and who will be ambassadors for the principles associated with it
- To form a pool of lawyers who will be leaders both in the state and local bar associations as well as their communities
- To change the trajectory of the State of Alabama through active leadership
The Selection Committee shall review applications received and select up to 30 applicants and 4 alternates for admission annually, and send its recommendations to the Executive Committee and the Board of Bar Commissioners for final approval.
Considerations of the Selection Committee when reviewing applications include, among other factors:
- Demonstrated leadership ability based on past accomplishments and current engagements
- An understanding of the importance of servant leadership as demonstrated in the applicant’s narrative
- Previous application to the Leadership Forum
- Practice diversity (criminal, civil, governmental and corporate)
- Geographic diversity
- Racial and gender diversity
Special emphasis will be placed upon the first two criteria.
The committee may divide itself into such subcommittees as may be necessary to effectively carry out its functions. The chairperson shall appoint sub-chairs for each subcommittee.
The Alabama State Bar, through its designated staff liaison, will assist the committee in carrying out its purpose. To this end, the chairperson is requested to consult with the staff liaison when scheduling meetings or conference calls.