The Director of Admissions (Director) is a highly responsible administrative and supervisory position, which reports directly to the General Counsel and Executive Director of the Alabama State Bar (ASB). The Director is responsible for the administration and enforcement of the Rules Governing Admission to the ASB.
- Reviewing and analyzing law student registration applications and applications for admission by examination and without examination (reciprocity and UBE transfer)
- Coordinating and scheduling appointments of the Committee on Character & Fitness (C&F) of the ASB; preparing schedules and files for C&F hearings
- Serving as liaison to the Committee on C&F
- Reviewing requests for special testing accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and coordinating documentation and analysis of the same with designated medical professionals
- Coordinating and scheduling appointment of ASB Board of Bar Examiners (BBE)
- Scheduling and providing administrative support for BBE meetings, and assisting the BBE in development of bar examination policies and procedures; serving as liaison to BBE
- Administering Alabama bar examination, including managing logistics, scheduling and training monitors, coordinating computer and security personnel, coordinating on-site arrangements with bar examination venue, and managing and securing testing materials throughout the examination
- Coordinating with BBE and National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE) to develop timelines for delivery of testing materials, grading of examination, transfer of scores and communication to examinees
- Coordinating distribution and publication of bar examination results to examinees, ASB staff, and Supreme Court of Alabama; preparing files of any new admittee for transfer to Membership department
- Preparing programs for Admission Ceremony and coordinating with ASB Young Lawyers Section in planning and presentation of Admission Ceremony
- Other tasks as directed and/or requested by the Board of Commissioners of the ASB, General Counsel, Executive Director, or other ASB staff.
- Resident of, or willing to move to, Montgomery area
- Law degree required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing direct reports, including managing performance
- Organizational, leadership, decision-making, and analytical skills required
- Ability to effectively collaborate with co-workers and management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Even temperament and ability to deal with challenging situations
- Meet deadlines and complete assignments
Occasional travel, both within and outside the state of Alabama, will be required.
All cover letters, resumes, and references should be emailed to email@example.com Please include “Admissions Director” in the reference line. No telephone calls please.
Cover letters and resumes should include a list and short description of work experience demonstrating the applicant’s executive and management experience or other preferred qualifications. All inquiries are strictly confidential.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2021