The State of the Bar program is a member benefit that provides free CLE to local bar associations. Programs are available in 1- to 4-hour formats with components including:
Executive Director’s Update
- Executive Director Phillip McCallum and the current ASB President bring you the latest updates and news from the Alabama State Bar, as well as information on hot topics.
- There are currently two Digital Communications topics available:
- An in-depth look at how to navigate the ASB website, including how to register and log in, how to pay a Consolidated Fee Invoice and how to use the member directory
- Social media marketing for lawyers.
- Assistant General Counsels Tripp Vickers, Mark Moody and Jeremy McIntire keep bar members informed of the latest in disciplinary, ethical and professional issues as well as major legal developments in Alabama and across the nation.
- Robert Thornhill, Director of the Alabama Lawyer Assistance Program, raises awareness and understanding of substance abuse and mental health issues within the profession and tells you how to become a part of the solution to this growing problem.
- There are currently two Practice Management topics available:
- Insight and practical tips and techniques for making sure your office runs efficiently and effectively
- Casemaker training so members can take advantage of this legal research tool available to them at no cost through the bar’s member benefit program.
Contact Kristi Skipper to schedule a State of the Bar program or call (334) 269-1515 or (800) 354-6154. You may also download and complete this sign up form and return it be email or by fax to (334) 517-2243.