Attorney - AIDT and the Alabama Department of Commerce
AIDT and the Alabama Department of Commerce in Montgomery, AL are seeking applicants for a full-time Attorney.
($59,045 – $77,362)
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: June 30, 2023
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 11, 2023
PROJECTED START DATE: October 2, 2023
All resumes (mailed or electronic) must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on August 11, 2023 to be considered.
Governmental legal work requiring the highest degree of professional and administrative responsibility. This position will provide legal advice to and perform legal services for both the Business Development and Workforce Divisions of the Alabama Department of Commerce, including AIDT.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiate and draft agreements governing economic development incentives including training and recruitment, as well as real estate leases, purchase agreements, deeds, licenses, settlement agreements, etc.
- Communicate with various Federal, State, and local government officials.
- Analyze statutes and case law and provide legal advice concerning the activities of Commerce/AIDT.
- Give legal advice and draft or review various types of document concerning the Workforce Investment and Opprotunity Act (“WIOA”) and other state and federal programs.
- Give legal advice and help prepare documents related to the Regional Workforce Councils, Local WIOA Boards, and the State WIOA Board.
- Perform other miscellaneous legal services as requested by the Secretary of Commerce or the General Counsel.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as set by Commerce.
- Maintain housekeeping to organizational standards.
- Interact professionally with co-workers, general public, and others as required.
- Comply with the Department of Commerce policy regarding attendance. (Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the common law and state and federal statutory law, particularly regarding general administrative and regulatory functions of state government.
- Knowledge of the principles of public administration as applied to the legal function of an organization or government legal program.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise matter, both verbally and in writing.
- Skill in effectively negotiating services and contracts.
- Ability to conduct legal research.
- Ability to prepare legal documents and records.
- Ability to effectively handle a variety of legal matters.
- Ability to analyze statutes and case law and provide legal advice.
- Ability to follow established laws, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and manage multiple projects concurrently.
Graduation from a recognized school of law and licensed to practice law in the State of Alabama.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the C3L salary schedule, within a range of $59,045 – $77,362. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included.
Criminal Background Check:
The applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $25.61 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $25.61 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Driver’s License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
Resumes received by mail or email after 1:00 p.m. on August 11th will not be considered for review. Interviews are by appointment only. Successful applicants will be notified by email. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Resumes will be accepted by email at email@example.com
Resumes will also be accepted by mail to the name/address below:
ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR AD OF OPERATIONS/HR
AIDT ONE TECHNOLOGY COURT
MONTGOMERY AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants or employees with a disability. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates in E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.