City of Atlanta (Georgia) Department of Law - Assistant Attorney II (Aviation Team)
Assistant Attorney II (Aviation)(Job Number: 210799)
Open Until Filled
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
- The position requires three (3) to five (5) years of legal experience, working on a variety of transactions (e.g., procurement, real estate, corporate, finance, regulatory and legislative matters).
- Experience with real estate matters, contracts, tax matters, real estate and business development, intergovernmental agreements, regulatory compliance and FOIA/open records requests is preferred.
- Involves extensive contact with City Council, multiple City Departments and the governing bodies of other municipalities, as well as extensive contact with Metropolitan Atlanta and global communities.
- Applicants should demonstrate strong writing skills, outstanding judgment and excellent analytical and negotiation skills. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are also required.
- Applicants with prior experience representing a municipality, other governmental/quasi-governmental entity or are in the transportation industry are encouraged to apply
Education and Experience:
- Juris Doctorate degree required.
- Must be a member of good standing with the State Bar of Georgia or the ability to obtain membership within one (1) year of employment.
- Must have at least at least six (6) years of post-graduate experience.
- Experience in municipal, county, and/or constitutional law.
- Demonstrated experience with aviation law is a plus.
Interested parties should apply online by visiting the City of Atlanta website at www.atlantaga.gov or directly at https://atlantaga.taleo.net/careersection/coa_general_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=210799&lang=en&src=JB-5.