DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Mobile District Office of Counsel
About the Position: The incumbent will work under the supervision of the District Counsel and Deputy District Counsel, who delegate the incumbent with full authority to function independently as subject matter expert on civil works and real estate matters and to serve as Principal Assistant District Counsel for civil works special projects.
- Works under the general supervision of the District Counsel and Deputy District Counsel with full authority to function independently as the senior Assistant District Counsel for implementation of all special civil works programs/projects.
- From initiation through project transfer to the non-Federal sponsor, the attorney will provide legal advice on all matters of interpretations of legal authorities.
- Incumbent is expected to develop custom legal solutions to problems with little or no precedent.
- Throughout the period of implementation of special civil works projects, the attorney provides briefings to elected and appointed state officials and federal officials to ensure their understanding of the Corps position on crucial issues.
- Proactively practices preventive law by personally attending critical meetings with Corps staff as well as outside entities to include but not limited to State and Local Governments, other Federal Agencies.
- Provides advice and counsel with regard to Mobile District civil works mission covering 4 states (MS, AL, GA and FL) to include operation and maintenance of 2000 miles of navigable waterways.
- Provide legal assistance and serve as negotiator in securing Project Partnership Agreements for the District’s Civil Works mission.
- Provides legal advice, counsel and guidance on real estate law issues and reviews real estate plans for civil works projects.
For full details and how to apply, please go to: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/735320600