Mercedes-Benz U.S. International, Inc. (“MBUSI”) has an immediate opening for an in-house counsel position. MBUSI operates an automotive plant that assembles the Mercedes-Benz EQS-SUV, EQE-SUV, GLS, GLS-Maybach, GLE, and GLE Coupe sport utility vehicles. The legal team plays a critical role in MBUSI’s operations and collaboratively engages with business stakeholders from management to the production line. We provide solutions to our business while protecting MBUSI’s legal, reputation, and business interests. We value collegiality and diversity among our team and seek to make our work environment both professionally and personally rewarding.
This position will be responsible for supporting the legal team’s operations in commercial contracts, negotiations, and disputes; corporate transactions; litigation support; labor and employment; compliance activities; and other topics necessary to support production operations. Responsibilities will include:
- Provide legal support, analysis, and advice to business units, managers, and team members to facilitate business activities, reduce risk, and ensure legal or regulatory requirements are met.
- Draft, negotiate, and provide guidance to business units, managers, and employees on the content and implementation of agreements and other legal and business documents.
- Manage, revise, and control MBUSI contract and other legal document templates.
- Provide support and analysis on employment, human resources, and labor related topics.
- Coordinate with legal departments at other Mercedes-Benz entities regarding legal documents, processes, best practices, transactions affecting shared services, and trainings.
- Provide legal research and recommendations on legal and business activities.
- Provide legal support to special projects as required, including response to government actions, capital investment projects, and changes to business operations.
- Advise business units on legal-related compliance requirements and topics.
- Review and manage outside counsel work and billing.
- Provide backup or secondary support on all topics involving legal department activities as required.
This position will be based at MBUSI’s Vance, Alabama facility.
This is an entry-level position accepting applications from attorneys with up to 3 years’ experience. Candidate must have a J.D. from an accredited law school and be capable of being admitted to practice law in the state of Alabama. Candidate must possess strong academic credentials, as well as robust communication, organizational, and analytical skills. Candidate must also be capable of operating in a fast-paced, open-office environment.
The selected candidate will receive a salary in the range of $90,000 – $110,000 and a competitive benefits package.
Submit resume and letter of interest to email@example.com with a subject line of “Corporate Counsel Position Application.”