Managing Attorney - Montgomery
Legal Services Alabama (LSA), is one of the largest statewide law firms in Alabama. As a non-profit law firm, our mission is to serve low-income people by providing civil legal aid and by promoting collaboration to find solutions to problems of poverty. LSA seeks qualified candidates to serve as Managing Attorney in Montgomery, Alabama.
The Managing Attorney provides direct supervision and management of office legal and support staff in the Montgomery Regional Office. The Managing Attorney will also be responsible for maintaining a caseload in LSA’s core areas, including consumer protection, eviction and foreclosure defense, protection of victims of domestic violence, public benefit cases and other priority areas identified by LSA’s Board of Directors. The Managing Attorney will promote the visibility of LSA within the communities covered by the office, and among the bar and judiciary.
- Admitted to practice in the State of Alabama or willing to take necessary steps to be admitted to Alabama bar within 6 months of employment.
- Experience working with low-income population preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience in legal aid services or related substantive areas.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Spanish language proficiency desirable.
- Alabama recognizes reciprocity in certain states. A list of reciprocal jurisdictions can be found at https://admissions.alabar.org/reciprocal-jurisdictions
- Salary: Based upon years of relevant experience starting at $65,000.
- Job Type: Fulltime
- Excellent benefits
Send cover letter, resume, writing sample and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Open until filled
No telephone calls or faxes
Legal Services Alabama, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Program and Employer and persons seeking employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, age or any other consideration prohibited by law.