Legal Services Alabama, Inc. (LSA), is one of the largest statewide law firms in Alabama. LSA provides free, client-centered civil legal advocacy to low-income Alabamians and collaborates with others across the state and nation to find solutions to systemic issues caused by poverty and social justice inequities.
LSA seeks qualified candidates to serve as Managing Attorney in Selma, Alabama. The Managing Attorney provides direct supervision and management of office legal and support staff in the Selma Regional Office. The Managing Attorney will also be responsible for maintaining a caseload in LSA’s core areas, including consumer protection, education, eviction and foreclosure defense, protection of victims of domestic violence, public benefits cases, and other priority areas identified by LSA’s Board of Directors. The Managing Attorney will promote the visibility of LSA within the communities covered by the office and among the bar and judiciary.
- This position is an exciting opportunity for an attorney who is admitted to the Alabama Bar and who has five or more years of experience with a Legal Aid organization or related subject areas.
- The ideal candidate is passionate about serving low-income populations and has excellent communication skills as well as good judgment.
- The ability to train and supervise staff is required, as is the ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Preference is given to attorneys who are bilingual.
- Alabama recognizes reciprocity in certain states. A list of reciprocal jurisdictions can be found at https://admissions.alabar.org/reciprocal-jurisdictions
Salary: $73,080 plus based upon experience
Benefits: LSA offers an excellent benefits package, valued at approximately $19,000, including six weeks of paid leave annually and 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for each employee.
Position: Full Time
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org – No telephone calls or faxes
Application Deadline: Open until filled
LSA is an Equal Opportunity Program and Employer and persons seeking employment will be considered without regard to sex or sexual orientation, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, political affiliation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status or any other consideration prohibited by law.