Team Member who performs substantive legal work under the supervision of HMMA legal counsel.
- Develop preventative maintenance plan in the SAP system.
- Drafts pleadings, contracts, corporate documents and discovery responses.
- Gathers, organizes, summarizes and indexes documents from various sources.
- Assists with updating litigation developments on all cases in the Electronic Legal Management System.
- Prepares regular litigation status reports detailing all anticipated and pending claims against the company.
- Assists with internal company audits.
- Interviews witnesses and assists with investigations on matters of legal significance.
- Assists with internal training of other Team Members on compliance related matters
- Conducts legal research and prepares memoranda of law.
- Prepares and files UCC Financing Statements.
- Reviews insurance requirements and ensures certificate compliance.
- Represents the company at administrative hearings.
- Makes recommendations regarding litigation strategy.
- Recommends and plans departmental objectives.
- Updates and monitors docket deadlines and other time-sensitive matters.
- Formulates and implements departmental policies and procedures.
- Reviews factual information to prepare estimates on value of legal claims.
- Performs duties as assigned by General Counsel, Legal coordinator, and Corporate Counsel.
- Always display exemplary ethical behavior, including: (1) being free of undue influence and conflicts of interest; (2) strictly complying with HMMA policies and procedures; (3) being honest, transparent, and accountable; (4) report all known illegal or unethical behavior; and (5) protecting confidential information.
- Administer, coordinate, and comply with all Business Management System (BMS), Environmental Management System (EMS), and Safety Management System (SMS) requirements.
- Meet all other requirements as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree desired
- 1 – 5 years of job related experience desired
- 3 years of experience as a paralegal preferred
Skills / Knowledge:
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- Forensic Software
Paralegal Certificate preferred
Position may require occasional travel (domestic or foreign). Flexibility in working hours to include weekends, holidays, and off shift. Position may require on-call duty or overtime due to overall responsibility.
Drive for Quality
Thousands of Hyundai Team Members share the same powerful drive for quality. If you share in Hyundai’s drive for quality, you will find that joining our team will give you the opportunity to take your career farther than you ever thought possible.
Drive for Excellence
Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama takes great pride in its product. And even greater pride in its people, building teams that build on strengths, in turn building a growing reputation for Excellence.
Drive for Growth
When you are a part of Hyundai’s team, you will have the opportunity to learn new skills, receive the latest and highest standard of training, and implement manufacturing processes that maximize efficiency without impacting safety or quality.
How to Apply
Please email your resume to Anna Boucard.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT PHOTOS OR RESUMES WITH PHOTOS IN RESPONSE TO THIS JOB POSTING. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION.
Join in Hyundai’s drive for Quality, Excellence and Growth and take your career further than you ever thought possible!