Montgomery County Bar Foundation
Volunteer Lawyers Program
The MCBFVLP Volunteer Coordinator will work in coordination with the Intake Director to assist in efficient and effective management of cases, placement of cases with volunteers and recruitment of volunteers. We work to provide quality pro bono legal services in civil cases for qualifying low-income residents of Montgomery County. This is a full-time, salaried position.
- Manage placement of cases with volunteers.
- Maintain a working and active list of volunteers.
- Manage open and active cases by monitoring and tracking cases and information related to cases in internal database system.
- Assist the Executive Director in the marketing of the program to volunteers and recruitment of volunteers.
- Recruit and manage volunteers for clinics, case assignment and other MVLP events.
- General office duties including organizing files, document management, phones
- Attend all MVLP Legal Clinics, assisting with preparation and client intake and case placement.
- Demonstrate passion and compassion in working with low-income residents.
- Any such other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
The successful applicant will possess strong communication skills, excellent organizational and logic skills, ability and willingness to work as a team player, familiarity with legal databases, an ability to multi-task and perform on deadline, and proficiency with Microsoft Office products. A four-year degree or equivalent experience is preferred; a strong preference for prior legal office and/or marketing experience.
References requested and subject to background check.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and references to the Executive Director, Laurel Crawford email@example.com no later than May 20, 2019.
For more information, contact Laurel Crawford, Executive Director, Montgomery Volunteer Lawyers Program, P. O. Box 72, Montgomery, AL 36101, Telephone (334) 265-0222 ext. 1