ASB Position Opening: Admissions Administrative Assistant
Published on March 24, 2022
The Alabama State Bar Admissions office has an immediate position available for an Administrative Assistant.
The Administrative Assistant- Admissions is a highly responsible administrative position and reports to the Admissions Director of the Alabama State Bar. The Administrative Assistant- Admissions is responsible for reviewing and processing law student registration applications and applications for admission (examination, UBE score transfer, and reciprocity). The position requires constant communication with applicants, attorneys and the public. Effective oral and written communication skills are necessary. The position is responsible for preparing applications for review by the Director and Committee on Character & Fitness. The position requires familiarity and proficiency with technology. In addition, the Administrative Assistant – Admissions is responsible for other day-to-day administrative duties as assigned by the Director.
Education- A college degree is required.
Experience – The candidate must have strong analytical skills and writing capabilities. It is preferred that the candidate have some experience working within the legal field.
- Strong knowledge of information technology and software including word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, and member data-management software;
- Ability to interpret statutes, rules and regulations, exercise independent judgment, identify potential issues, and plan a course of action;
- Industrious, self-motivated, capable of working independently with minimal errors;
- Customer-service oriented;
- Good decision-making, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to effectively manage interpersonal conflict and flow of work;
- Ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously and within specified deadlines;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational ability, and attention to detail;
- Ability to communicate information and explanations as well as interact effectively in a patient and tactful manner with applicants, law school personnel, department staff, other co-workers, current and prospective members of the Bar, and the general public;
- Ability to travel occasionally to in-state law schools.
The Admissions Office is located in the Alabama State Bar building in Montgomery, Alabama. The duties and responsibilities of the Admissions Administrative Assistant must be performed from this location.
Salary and Benefits
The salary will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include participation in the State Employees’ Health Insurance Program and the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
Submit a resume with a cover letter of no more than two pages explaining why you are interested in this position and why you believe you are qualified to:
Alabama State Bar
Post Office Box 671
Montgomery, AL 36101-0671
The deadline for applications is April 8, 2022.