If you’ve been enjoying Casemaker, the free legal research service which is a benefit of Alabama State Bar membership, you’ll be glad to know that apps for your mobile devices are now available.
Alabama State Bar members have been able to access Casemaker through their mobile browsers for a while, but Casemaker recently introduced native apps that make doing legal research on your iPad, iPhone or Android smartphone a snap.
To start your mobile legal research immediately, follow these easy instructions:
- Sign in to Casemaker through the bar’s website.
- Once in Casemaker, click on the red link for “Available mobile application” near the top left of the Casemaker home page.
- Complete the form to receive a reference code.
- On your smartphone or iPhone/iPad go to Google Play or the App Store, respectively, and download the Casemaker app by searching for Casemaker or Casemakerlegal.
- The first time you run the application, it will ask for the reference code. Enter the code that you got when you registered while on the Casemaker site. (If you later add the app to additional devices, you can access this reference code again any time by clicking on the “Available mobile app” link while you’re in Casemaker on your computer.)
- If you have any problems, contact Casemaker support at 877-659-0801.
For Casemaker research assistance M-F, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Central call toll-free (877) 659 -0801 or check out the schedule of Casemaker training webinars . You can also call the Alabama State Bar for login assistance at (334) 517-2242.
Download the free app today. You’ll be glad you did.