We are seeking an energetic, independent, collaborative attorney who is licensed and resides in Alabama (additional bars are a plus!) to join our team at Stotler Hayes Group, LLC (“SHG”).
We are a national, boutique law firm that partners with health care providers to resolve complex Medicaid collections. Each of our attorneys work remotely from co-working spaces or home offices throughout the country, supported by paralegals and operations staff located in the firm’s brick and mortar office in South Carolina. Our team is comprised of over 50 attorneys, paralegals and operations staff.
Our firm is progressive, fast-paced and powerful. Our attorneys are detail-oriented, industrious, and engaging connoisseurs of Medicaid. Our practice involves the interplay of multiple related areas of law including Medicaid eligibility and reimbursement, administrative appeals, civil litigation, probate and estate claims, guardianships, and regulatory compliance. Prior experience in one or more of these areas is preferred, but passion, personality, and purpose are most important. This job requires tenacity, determination, and perseverance as essential skills for the day to day job. All new attorneys are provided with a comprehensive onboarding and training.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Independent handling of cases from inception to resolution
- Craft and execute strategies that optimize favorable outcomes in advocating for clients based on the review of initial case information and on-going fact investigation
- Substantive communication with courts, administrative offices, financial institutions and clients
- Draft legal documents including pleadings, motions, briefs, appeals, agreements, and security instruments
- Attendance at hearings and trials
COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Graduate of an ABA accredited law school
- Minimum of 3 years of substantive legal experience
- Positive and candid communication, both oral and written forms
- Ability to both work independently and in collaboration with a remote team of colleagues and office staff
- Energy, discipline and self-motivation to thrive in a home office
- High level of organization and time management
- Persistent, resourceful and proactive in problem-solving and analysis
- Confidence and drive to take initiative and remain accountable for your case outcomes from start to finish
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of Mac/Apples, Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Acrobat, timekeeping software
Applicants will be considered upon the submission of a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.
Apply here >> https://shg.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=81