Birmingham, Ala – The Jefferson County Judicial Commission is accepting nominations for a vacancy in the Circuit Court, Domestic Relations Division, Place 1. Applications will be accepted from Mar.17 to Mar. 31, 2020 at 5:00 pm. Application forms may be obtained here, and completed applications must be submitted by email.
The following guidelines apply:
- All applications must be typed in response to the application form – you must include each question, followed by your answer
- All applications must be accompanied by the following items
- a headshot
- a resume
- a cover letter
- the required waivers (listed in the application form)
- the requested writing samples
- All applications must be received at the following email address: JeffCoNominatingCommission@gmail.com
- All applications must be received between Tuesday, March 17 and Tuesday, March 31, 2020 by 5:00 pm
By submitting an application, applicants have agreed to:
- Accept if nominated and appointed
- Execute and deliver a Waiver of Any Privilege of Confidentiality which includes any background checks, credit reports and Bar complaints
- Have published that his/her name has been submitted as an applicant
From Apr. 1 through Apr. 8, 2020 at 5:00 pm, notice of the applicants’ names will be made available to the public for comment. On Apr.10, 2020, the Commission will conduct interviews of the applicants, identify three qualified applicants, and submit their names to the Governor for her consideration in making the appointment. The three names for the position will also be released to the public.
The members of the Commission are: The Honorable Circuit Judge Clyde Jones, Chairman; Mrs. Cynthia Bonner; Augusta S. Dowd, Esq.; Michael D. Ermert, Esq.; and John J. McMahon, III.
Any contact with the members of the Commission should be directed here.