Experience in the fields of bankruptcy and social security are not required; however, bankruptcy and/or social security experience are a plus. The Sellers Law Firm, LLC focuses on Chapter 13 and Chapter 7 bankruptcies, Social Security Disability, SSI, worker’s compensation, and personal injury cases. Our firm has an immediate opportunity for an associate attorney. We are looking for an excited, energetic, competent, and compassionate professional that is looking to join a firm that is focused on growth and success. We are a fast paced, consumer-oriented firm that is looking for a team member that works with these ideals in mind. Our firm is committed to not only our clients, but also our employees. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and an opportunity for growth
Bankruptcy and/or Social Security experience is not necessary. We will train an attorney who is motivated and determined. Client interaction skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment are very important.
- Must be a member in good standing with the Alabama State Bar
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Great attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to handle large caseload and juggle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Manage case load
- Attend court hearings both virtually and in person
- Meet and consult with clients in our main office and satellite locations
- Perform client intake, provide client status updates, and direct paralegals
- Review, file, and prepare pleadings, motions, petitions, bankruptcy schedules, and pre-petition and post-petition social security hearing briefs
- Communication with courts, trustees, clerks, and opposing counsel
- Travel throughout Central Alabama for client meetings and court appearances which will mainly include Montgomery, Selma, Greenville, and Troy
- Must qualify for admission into Federal Bankruptcy Court in Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Alabama.
- Must be able to work hours of operation: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Saturday-Sunday remote communication with client and potential clients when required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are presentative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, bend, scoop, stand, visual acuity to read small print, computer screens, printed documents, and have finger, hand, and arm dexterity
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopies, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
When applying, you should provide the following:
- Alabama Bar Identification Number
- Two References
- Cover Letter